Description about the tasks, environment, and personas (updated)
– Print ingredients for Kimbap
– Print Korean letters for Kimbap
Highlight 5 important variables relating to their interest in 3D printing
Two personas (#1 and #2) from this list appeared in the video.
1. Moon-Hee Kim (main teacher)
- 5 years teaching experience at Korean school
- Works as a part time employee at a company and teaches Korean school on Saturday
- Wants to use more hands-on materials or replicas in class such as plastic Korean letter pieces, miniature, etc. However, due to a lack of budget and time to prepare, she mostly relies on handouts or paper versions of instructional materials for students
- Many times, gets teaching ideas through her 9 year old daughter
- Familiar with technology and searches a lot of resources from the Internet
2. Sieun Kim (student)
- 9 year-old female student who has been attending the Korean school for 4 years
- Enjoys learning Korean language and culture at school
- Likes role play in class
- Tends to finish tasks quickly and likes to help peers
- Familiar with using her parents’ iPhone
3. Hyun-Mi Choi (folding paper teacher)
- 15 years folding paper (origami) teaching experiences
- Recently started running her homepage but is not good at managing it. She uses her homepages mostly by uploading pictures and adding messages.
- Currently teaches preK-Kindergarten class at a Korean school, tutors kids, teaches seniors, and works for the Korean folding paper association
- Also uses other materials in her folding paper class, such as beads, ribbons, frames, etc.
- Always tries to teach Korean language and culture through her class, such as shapes in Korean and background of what students will make, etc.